Thursday, October 25, 2007

Improving on Portraits

Once again my own face (sorry) had to be polished to try some new tweaks Danilo considered discovered my looking closely at David Hill's shots. He assumes that hes desaturating his shit and re-colors it manually.
Regarding this option, i took a shot of myself with a one-colored T-Shirt as the main-sample to pay attention to.

(I) The original Shot
(II) De-mushed and tweaked Exposure (Fake-HDR)

(III) Manual Coloring (yes , the shirt actually has this color!)
(IV) Final Tweaks (Quick curves and de-saturating)

(V) All Versions in one Shot
As my final conclusion i have to admit that manual coloring adds a lot of work, but it's definitly worth all the effort. You take out the "normal" color noise that comes with the usual reflection of light that every surface in the room emits. To take care of unwanted coloring, this way is just the one to go.

No comments: